Sunday, November 9, 2014

The Bad News Bears (Em-BEAR-assing, pt. 2)

I feel like I've been here before. You know, professionally writing out how utterly embarrassed I am to be a Chicago Bears fan after a game in which they get absolutely decimated, not having any material (nor any motivation) to defend them, and saying, "Never have I ever been this embarrassed to call myself a Chicago Bears fan who goes to a school in Wisconsin." All that good stuff.

Oh wait, I have been here before. So let me just amend one statement: NOW I've never been this embarrassed to be a Bears fan.

As I write this, it's the third quarter and the Packers are winning 42-0. 42 to nothing...nothing! Yes, it's that bad to the point where I'm writing this mid-game! No one told me Whitewater was playing on NBC tonight!

Too far? Okay.

Let's just recap what the Bears were supposed to do this year. They were supposed to:

  1. Build on last year's high powered offense
  2. Have a somewhat improved defense with all the emphasis they put on that half of the ball during the off-season (Jared Allen, Lamar Houston, Willie Young, etc.)
  3. Be a team that no one really wants to go against in the playoffs, and the big one..
  4. Beat Green Bay.
If those were the actual organizational goals this year, I think you can mark all of those down in the "Fail" category.

Since there's no way they're winning this, the Bears are going to be 3-6 and remain in dead last place of the NFC. Their next game is against the Minnesota Vikings at Soldier Field. Most Bears fans would be optimistic about that fact, but lets not forget that these said Bears are 0-3 this year at home. Then after that are games against Tampa Bay, Detroit, Dallas, New Orleans, Detroit, and Minnesota again.

I don't know what needs to be done. I have no idea who the blame needs to be placed on (hint: everyone for under-performing severely). But I can tell you what I want, at the very least, and that is this:

For the love of my Great Aunt Petunia who doesn't exist (see, another reference to my other post regarding the Bears), at the very least make like the Cowboys the last few years and somehow go 8-8. 

Please?


(Photo Above From: http://sportige.com/chicago-bears-09-2012-jay-cutler-at-his-absolute-worst/)

No comments:

Post a Comment